In the wake of COVID-19, businesses are learning the importance of being able to access essential documents, editing said documents and collaborating with team members from anywhere in the world. The new Google Workspace, formerly known as G Suite, gives businesses access to these vital tools in one easy spot. In fact, when announcing the new Google Workspace, VP Javier Soltero said, “work is no longer a physical place that we go to, necessarily.” Though he went on to say that the new Google Workspace is not a response to COVID-19 and has been in the works since 2019, it will make the lives of companies trying to adjust and thrive in the new normal a lot easier as it streamlines communication and productivity.
Google Workspace is a collection of cloud computing, productivity, and collaboration tools, software, and products developed and marketed by Google.
What is Google Workspace?
Google Workspace is a cloud-based productivity suite. The goal of Google Workspace is to help teams communicate, collaborate, and be as productive as possible, no matter where they are working from and what device they are using. Google Workspace is simple to set up, use, and manage, so your business can focus on what really matters. Google Workspace intends to bring G Suite tools, including chat, email, voice and video calling, and content management into a unified, streamlined experience.
Benefits of Google Workspace
- Business email for your domain. Look professional and communicate with a professional email address, for example, as
[email protected]. Gmail’s simple features help you build your brand while being more productive than ever.
- Access from any location or device. This allows you to check emails, share files, edit documents, hold video meetings, and so on. Pick up right where you left off from your phone, tablet, or computer, whether you are at home, on the move, or at work.
- Enterprise-level management tools. Robust admin settings give you total command over users, devices, security, and more.
- Logging in is easier than ever. Is there anything worse when you are pressed for time or working on a different device than trying to remember all of the different websites, usernames, and passwords just to log in and access your files? Google Workspace is eliminating that. All of your employees will be instantly logged in to Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, and other Google applications with Google Workspace.
- Added security. Google announced a slew of new and updated security features that will be coming to Google Workspace in the near future. The new features include new classification, audit logging, and detection capabilities in Meet. These new security measures are intended to prevent abusive users from disrupting meetings, protecting data, and automatically classifying chatrooms filled with spam.
New Google Workspace Pricing
There are three tiers for pricing of the new Google Workspace.
- Business Starter ($6/user), for small businesses that are looking for custom email for their domains.
- Business Standard ($12/user), for companies that are seeking more advanced productivity features, including larger meetings and enhanced storage.
- Business Plus ($18/user), for companies that need additional security and compliance capabilities.
If you are interested in trying Google Workspace, sign up using our link to get a free 14-day trial: Get A Free Trial Plus, message us to get an exclusive discount when you try Google Workspace for your business.